I suggest you ...

Open in feature, clipboard

Allow other apps to open a page in photo file. Or get the clipboard workng fully so people can copy a URL and paste it. (can't seem to do that in current version)

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminPhotofile Admin (Admin, Photofile) commented  · 

Bookmarklets are an undocumented feature of photofile. If you're famaliar with them the url for photofile is : photofile://actions?open=url

So it would be something like this:

javascript:(function(){ window.open(‘photofile://actions?open=’+encodeURIComponent(location.href)); })();

• Christopher Stone commented  · 

I don't see an ability for Photofile to detect valid URLs on the clipboard when you switch to it and offer the option of opening it in the app.

Nor do I see any bookmarklets for other browsers to open the current page in Photofile.

Please let me know if I've missed something.

• AdminPhotofile Admin (Admin, Photofile) commented  · 

The clipboard should work as the Address box is a standard text field. You should be able to copy the address out of it and paste new addresses into it.

Unfortunately iOS doesn't have a great way for apps to talk to each other, but Photofile could support 'bookmarklets' which would let you open a bookmark in safari that would cause the current url to open in Photofile. It's a more hacky solution but I'll at least get that in for the next version.

Feedback and Knowledge Base